Monday, February 9, 2009

"Keep holding on..

.. 'Cause you know we'll make it though
We'll make it though
Just, stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you
I'm here for you.. "

This was sung by Avril Lavigne and the song's called "Keep Holding On". I picked this song because I could relate to it at the moment, especially if you're a student at MARISCI. I also chose this song because its cool :3 I could relate because it is about not losing an attitude that we rarely realize- hope.

Hope is an attitude that for some reason, we do not often have when problems arise. We, as ordinary people often forget that we should have hope when fighting against a problem such as failing marks at class, unemployment, financial problems, family problems and other things that could bug us everyday. Most people look at the dark side first (hey, that includes you and me!) before looking for a solution to solve the predicament. Actually, that is the plain truth. And as said by Pauline R. Kezer: "When you do nothing, you feel overwhelmed and powerless. But when you get involved, you feel the sense of hope and accomplishment that comes from knowing you are working to make things better.", we need to be involved so that we would feel that all is not lost. Getting involved makes the situation not only better, but also you feel (in some kind of way) happier and stronger for more pressing problems in your lifetime.

Let me share you an experience that I had.

I was already fed up with my group mates because they weren't doing what they were assigned to them. They were just sitting and talking, not getting involved in the project we were supposed to do. At the end of the meeting, I asked a friend on what to do. He told me a story instead. it went like this:

THE FOUR CANDLES

The four candles burn slowly. The ambiance was so soft you can hear them talking. The first one said: "I am PEACE! However, nobody can keep me lit. I believe I will go out." Its flame rapidly diminishes and goes out completely. The second one says: "I am FAITH! Most of all, I am no longer indispensable, so it doesn't make any sense that I stay lit any longer." When it finished talking, a breeze softly blew on it putting it out. Sadly, the third candle spoke in its turn: "I am LOVE! I haven't got the strength to stay lit. People put me aside and don't understand my importance. They even forget to love those who are nearest to them." And waiting no longer it goes out. Suddenly, a child enters the room and sees three candles not burning. "Why are you not burning? You are supposed to stay lit 'till the end." Saying this, the child begins to cry. Then, the fourth candle said: "Don't be afraid; while I am still burning, we can re-light the other candles because I am HOPE!" And with shining eyes, the child took the candle of Hope and lit the other candles.

My friend added, "Hope should never go out from your life and that each of us can maintain Hope, Faith Peace and Love!!" When he said that, I finally got the motivation to lead once again. This time, we achieved a grade of 93! =)

You see, we should never lose hope whatever happens. Take care, and see you!