Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"So if you're asking me, I want you to know..

.. When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done
Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed
Don't resent me, and when you're feeling empty
Keep me in your memory, leave out all the rest
Leave out all the rest.. "

Let me see.. This song is sung by Linkin Park. The title of the song is "Leave Out The Rest". This song is the one that is infecting me with Last Song Syndrome (LSS). LSS is a condition wherein you cannot forget a certain song that is played recently. Normally it would be either annoying or appealing, depending on what song is played. In my case, its great! =)

Now, about our topic. It is going to be something that we are actually scared of. Oh come on, I'm not talking about school or a movie. Most importantly, I'm really not talking about school!! xD In reality, I'm talking about losing someone; namely death.

Death (according to Wikipedia) is the permanent termination of the biological functions that define a living organism. Death would also seem to either the moment at which life ends or the state that follows life. In either way, is to lose someone very dear to people. It is a natural phenomenon that will occur to us someday. Why don't we understand death that clearly? Many people still don't know why. Some people believe that death is not the end, but a start; for a new life. They call this 'reincarnation'; life after death.

People, as social beings, cannot accept death. The thought of them and their families to disappear sends chills down their spines. Truthfully, I'm scared too. But we need to cope it because it will certainly happen to all of us someday. What will happen if people did not die? The Earth then will crumble under the effects of the super population of humans; an imbalance in the ecosystem.

We will need to accept death. Its for the better for others and ourselves. To make it easier for us, lets say that death is a start for a new chapter in our life. A way for us to change and live our lives for the best.